Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday is my day

I am currently working part time at SouthLife Church as a "receptionist/PA". Title doesn't really do the job justice - As I do much much more than that - they even let me play around doing graphic design most days :) Anyway, I don't work there on Fridays so I try and spend it by doing fun things!

This morning had a cup of tea with my wonderful friend Margot Frei (prev McLean) up at this funky cafe in Roslyn called Kikki Beware. We had a great time encouraging each other in our creative fields - Margot has been gifted with an incredible voice. Margot kicked some serious butt back in 2006 when she gained a top 20 placing in New Zealand for the 'Play it Strange' high school songwriting competition with the song 'Her Way'. In the same year she also won best vocalist in the South Island Jazz Festival, and was asked to sing with the New Zealand Airforce Band in their gala concert. Margot also attended Berklee School of Music in Boston to attend a summer songwriting course in 2008. She is currently studying Music at Otago University.
Margot doesn't have a website - but we'll work on that - we need to get her out there! Meanwhile I've found a link where you can listen to her song 'Her Way'.

At lunchtime I went and checked out the Ten Day Boutique up at None Gallery (24 Stafford Street). Pretty cool! If you are in Dunedin you should go check it out - lots of cool arty stuff/clothing/crafts. Closes this Sunday 13th June. More info here

No comments:

Post a Comment