Thursday, September 15, 2011

Exhibitions!

The Art in Practice Exhibition (which I've had some work in this year) was due to end in August, but the show has now been extended until October 24th. This exhibition is a collection of works by staff, students and graduates of the Dunedin School of Art. It is displayed at the Medical School at 55 Hanover Street, Dunedin. Go have a look while its still going!

It's Art Festival Year at Edendale Primary School this year! Between the 20th and 23rd Sept they will have just under 600 pieces of artwork exhibited by their students, mediums include drawing, collage, printmaking, painting, mixed media and clay.
As part of their Exhibition they are also holding a silent auction on their opening night where you have an opportunity to bid for work donated by contemporary NZ artists, designers and photographers (that includes work by ME!!) The Proceeds from this auction will be going directly back into visual arts at the school. So If you're in Auckland head along and support them :) More info here

I'm also exhibiting in the up and coming Hurunui Arts Showcase. This will be held at the Hurunui Memorial Library in Amberley between the 17th Sep 2011 until the 25th Sep 2011... So if you're passing through Amberley check it out!

As for me, I'm off to Australia to be a bridesmaid at my best friends wedding! Bring on the sunshine! Back in October... where I'll be putting my head down and doing some serious work! There are lots of ideas floating around in my head :) See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment