Monday, November 21, 2011

Flo's Mobile

Hello! This post has been a LONG time coming.
On the 4th July 2011 my gorgeous wee niece Flo came into this world and a little stumped on what to buy for her welcome, I decided instead to make something myself and settled on a mobile for her room (which she is apparently loving at the moment now that she's a bit older!)

I did a refresher course on how to make paper cranes, then when confident enough I made my cranes using some beautiful handmade paper that I was once gifted from a friend (Thanks Sarah Bowers!). I then strung them together using some fishing twine and hung them from a wooden cross at the top.



I then packaged it up in a special wee box for Flo and sent it up north with Mum :)



I think Paper cranes are just so cool. I'm slowly working on some more mobiles to sell so watch this space. I am aiming to handmake my own paper and print some patterns on them using my printing press.

No comments:

Post a Comment